Weddings InStyle & Events InStyle is hiring again! We are looking for a special someone to assist with the upcoming 2013 Season.
Before you shoot off that resume, please review the following to make sure this is you:
- You must understand confidentiality. We are a sounding board for our clients. Like in Las Vegas what happens at 107 Murray stays at 107 Murray. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Manage client expectations
- Manage and develop a strategic plan of action to ensure that the cost of the event remain within budget
- Search and negotiate suitable venue or locations if outside of our capacity as per the requirement of client and within their budgetary constraints
- Carry out all the functions as per legal guidelines and contract
- Work on determining a suitable layout and theme of the event as per the requirement of the client
- You must have strong communication skills.
- You must be available to work weekends (including Friday).
- You must be a hard worker and understand that while this job can be glamorous, on the day of the event, it’s an extremely physical gig.
- You must be well put together and presentable. We SELL style and drama we DON'T employ it! When we meet, we need to see how you would meet with our clients and vendors. So yes, we will be checking you out: your clothes, your hair, your makeup, your accessories….all of it. Do your clothes fit properly? No tight clothes, cleavage, etc please.
- You must have a great sense of humour and be approachable and social.
- FINALLY, you MUST realize that this job is nothing like the Jennifer Lopez movie.
- Own transportation is a bonus!
Still sound like you? Fabulous! Here are some tips on how to stand out from the rest:
Tell us a little about yourself in the email body (but not your life story). We want to get to a feel for your personality to see if we’ll mesh with our team! Bonus points if you love bubbly!
Please do not call us to check the status of applications.
Tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Answering phones calls and email inquiries
- Meeting clients and showing them the venue
- Assessing client events needs and preparing custom quotes ( nothing we do is cookie cutter)
- Coordinating with clients & vendors
- Wedding research for new local talent and trends
- Assistance in client meetings
- Event timelines
- Vendor liaison
- Day of Event Coordination including supervising staff
- Set up & take down
We are looking for an experienced wedding planner or event manager for this position as we need you to hit the ground running. January is going to be BUSY!
If you love pinterest, cupcakes, champagne, everything chic, are a hopeless romantic, and have a fabulous eye for detail-please apply.
Key Skills & Core Competencies:
- Must be available to work evenings/weekends - this is 30 hour a week position plus evenings and weekends
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Ability to work in fast pace environment
- Knowledge of budgeting and financial management
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply, please write 2013 Employment in the subject of your email; include your resume as an attachment, and your cover letter within the body. Your cover letter should explain why you are the perfect candidate for the position. Be sure to include previous experience and why you are passionate about this industry.
Look forward to finding the next member of our InStyle team!